Sunday 7 July 2013

Rear Panel and Fuel Tank

To take a break from the electrics, I decided it was finally time to sort the fuel tank out after buying some rubber cork to help seal the unit in. I have re-used the MX5 sender unit with a couple of adaptions: shortened float arm to fit and fuel pump removed. I have then used the black glue stuff from GBS to bond the fuel tank to the chassis, however I may add some straps too, can't think what the IVA required off the top of my head.

I also finally fitted the rear panel after a fair amount of bending, cutting and filing. I know it's not pretty and could have been done much neater but it's on and appears to leave plenty of room now instead of the bare minimum/clashing. Anyway, the arches, wheels and a bit of trim will hide the mess.

A couple of pictures to see the final outcome from the back.





This would have been a much easier job with two people but a few clamps and tactically placed rivets helped keep the thing together.

1 comment: