Monday 15 July 2013

Electrical Progress!

With all this sunny weather and the car rolling, I felt it was the perfect opportunity to utilise the sun to help see some of the darker places on the car. Therefore, I managed to roll the car out the garage and into the sun.



Yes I am using the jacks as bump stops due to the handbrake still not been finalised by GBS, it's on my shopping list of things that GBS still need to complete.




You may also notice the headlight cases are in....yeah that was boredom and for a little more effect.
 


Just got a few more things to wire up then I can start the tidying up process....now that will be a pain!


I have been determined to get the engine to crank on the starter motor since starting the electrics. In my eyes, that's the first thing I want to check, everything else can wait until the engine is running.

Anyway, after a few battles and plugging things in....I have managed to get it connected up! Happy days! Now we are getting somewhere! This video will show nicely (providing it works)

 

I have been told many times and will also tell you. The electrics are not a quick job. I have spent many hours going through and figuring what's what, looking between wiring diagrams and the actual wires and slowly getting somewhere, it may seem daunting but after today, it's been worth it and given me that new found motivation yet again. Next up is the fuel pumps and the radiator 12" fan that is due to arrive tomorrow. Then we'll be ready to try for the engine running.....getting worried now Mum???

1 comment:

  1. Hi Zach, question for you on the radiator, did you use the GBS radiator? Do you happen to know if this is the standard Mk1 Polo radiator? Looking at saving a few £ over the high GBS price!

    ReplyDelete