Saturday 5 August 2017

Rolling Road - Attempt 2

So here we go again, off to Steve Walford Motorsport to give the V6 another shot. With the Wales Trip next week, it was make or break. The plan was to get the car driveable. Unfortunately, as mentioned in the last post, this was off to a bad start....my car wasn't charging and the alternator was dead! As it turned out, the 100amp fuse protecting the system from the overload I'd experienced with touching the alternator live to the chassis had in fact done its job. With no alternatives, it was done without a fuse. I wouldn't recommend this however I was confident the reason was earthing the live side.

This time, you lot are in for a treat. my good friend Stu, theduck, has recently begun doing his own YouTube channel to document his own vehicular shenanigans. He came along to record, in his words, "the fireworks".....



So there we have it. Not the figures I was aiming for however there are a significant number of "get it running" components on the car. I can now use the car effectively and begin to rack up the miles before a 2nd summer is up!

For those who didn't watch, the Zero V6 managed 155bhp and 188lb-ft. I'll take that. There is definitely more to come! Time to get the car home and get ready for Wales next weekend! Nothing like a 600+ mile trip for its first proper outing!

No comments:

Post a Comment