Sunday 19 May 2013

Time to catch up!

I've noticed I am getting rather behind with my blog, so it is a little unorganised, story of my life! Well anyway, again I have been sat waiting for parts from GBS, sometimes I do wonder...but anyway, there have been a few things (sourced elsewhere for cheaper and quicker). So, lets go with whats been done.

First of all, I was waiting for a fair few weeks for a fuel swirl pot to arrive, so guessing on the capacity along with a bit of research, I settled for a 1.5 litre pot, which is apparently more that adequate compared to some 1litre pots used. Anyway, using the documents on kitspares, I plumbed in the swirl pot with fuel in from low pres. pump/filter, fuel to high pres. pump and fuel return to tank. Left is the fuel return from the fuel rail, covered with a latex glove finger.


 

 
 Next up was the push rods. I was recommended that the clutch needs the be bent to fit, however to allow a smoother brake pedal, I gave that one a slight kink too. Both are M8 bolts with the heads cut off and a chamfered edge in place.
As the angle required was unknown, the angles were estimated...using a vice and a hammer. Worked a treat. Brake side was spot on, clutch required some extra adjustment. They appear to work ok but with fluid in and proper testing will tell.

 

With not much else on, I thought I would fix up the dashboard with a trial fit. Looks ok to begin with and helps mould the scuttle nicely. Starting to look more car like...


 
 ...but to make it even better, the seat had to be fitted...started just as a trial fit to get to the stage of just dropping in when ready...



To a full fit with the harness in, side panel in with rivets along the sides and bottom and the top panels placed on top. Now thats looking like a car! Needless to say, with pedals in as well, I just had to sit in the car, admire my handy work and pretend to drive.....for half an hour!


Also, with the calipers returned from their refurb, I decided to fit  these as well. The fronts, waiting on my solution to the cycle wings to be delivered, were originally sorted with cable ties. Standard.





 
 


 So yeah, a fair amount, of which I have probably forgotten, has been done and tested and trial fitted. But this is roughly where I stand. Going up to the GBS open day next weekend, hoping to fetch my long awaited MX5 parts that were needing adapting to fit. Again, looking more like a car by the day of work.



No comments:

Post a Comment