Friday 9 November 2012

A Twinkle in my Eye

Today was the day I turned that twinkle into reality, I went from being a boy, to becoming a man (Mum, it's not what you think), I finally placed the order for the Starter Kit! It had occured to me one day driving the MX5 that I hadn't actually placed an order or even decided with the binding of money!

I looked to GBS, whom I had decided to go with, but realised that I had bought a MX5 for a kit that does not support it! D'oh, school boy error. Anyway, ignorng this slight issue, I perservered and found that on the GBS Blog, they were advertising the unveiling of an MX5 kit, phew, a bit of luck! Probably should have saved it for the build but there would be no build without it!

Anyway, after a trip up and a ride in the demostrator, I was sold. The kit looked easy enough to manage as a first build and I was assured (amongst seeing various posts) that the after sales service was top-notch.

Order due to arrive in January. Gives me enough time to clear the garage and have the MX5 stripped ready to be put straight into the Zero chassis....providing it all goes to plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment