Sunday 22 September 2013

Awaiting the Handbrake

Still no delivery date from GBS regarding the handbrake, however it is now being tested and checked over this weekend. I would guess that a date for delivery is going to be set this week.....

Anyway, the weekend was not lost. I've repaired and fitted the drivers side cycle wing. A bit of a polish and it should barely be noticeable, serves me right for trying to be clever with the fitting. Either way it is now fixed on using a healthy doseage of the black glue stuff, pushed into the gaps by fingers (wear gloves, you'll look grubby for days!)


Also fitted is are the side repeaters on the wings and the front indicators on the nose cone. The side repeaters are required to be seen from quite far back along the car, so I aimed for seeing them from the drivers seat and you should be ok.


The front indicators though require the extension arms to meet IVA requirements. I originally read it as they have to be 400mm further in from the widest part but it is in fact 400mm maximum from the widest part of the car, hence the extension bars. Also these help with the angles required to meet the IVA too.




I have been spending a lot of time reading through the IVA manual which is leading to many questions being raised about interpretting the wording, however I have decided that 2 IVA tests are a high possibility for a first timer. Saying that though, I will be aiming for the first time pass but will not be devastated if it didn't pass (depending on the reasoning of course!) With that, I have been excessively applying trimmings and covers to help avoid failing on a sharp edge (some of which are ridiculous but rules are rules) and ensuring everything is working as it should....so far so good.




 
 
So as it stands, the car is ready for IVA...minus a handbrake and boot cover, however these will go on in a day once I have them...that is the hold up. So close...I hate waiting!


 



No comments:

Post a Comment