Wednesday 27 February 2013

Post IVA plan completed early.


 As said in the previous post, I wanted to paint the cam/rocker cover after the IVA as I felt it would slow the build down, however whilst still waiting for parts from GBS I have the spare time to crack on with it now.
If you look to the left (providing it's formatted properly) you can see my cleaned up cam cover, forgot to take a decent picture before but a quick whizz over with a wire brush and brake cleaner did the trick to get the worse off.

Using my previous experience painting the calipers, I took my time with this and layed on a thin first coat ensuring there were minimal drips or uneven drying.
A few coats later and this is the finished product ->
A couple unfortunate drips but nothing majorly noticable unless you inspect it closely and are looking for them, but otherwise a good job.


But never being happy with the finished product unless it is actually perfect, I found a small screwdriver and peeled out the over-spill that covered the indented writing, bringing back the Mazda and DOHC 16-Valve. Like before I'm not satisfied just yet and want to paint the writing black, but looking at it sat in my lounge, I'm going to leave that minor detail for now as it'll  



No comments:

Post a Comment